[aprssig] Radio behavior when receiving a frequency object

Sander Pool sander_pool at pobox.com
Mon May 7 16:25:11 EDT 2012

Hi,

as I was driving around town this morning I received a frequency object
for a WX net. My D710 parsed the frequency part of the object when I
pressed 'tune' but surprisingly it left the other radio settings (shift
and tone) intact. This seems like a D710 issue to me but I figured I'd
ask the APRS UG first. I would expect that when a frequency object is
used to setup a radio it starts by 'blanking' the current settings and
then updating them per the object.

Here is the object in question:

http://aprs.fi/info/a/147.255WX

73,