[aprssig] KJ4ERJ-14 ISS Object

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sun May 6 22:25:25 EDT 2012

Now that I've most of my antenna farm back up, I've been experimenting with
receiving the ISS 145.825 APRS/packet transmissions.

I'm using an Icom discone antenna which works well due to it's fat vertical
pattern,  and an old Bearcat 760 scanner, which works quite nicely due to it's
rather wide IF bandpass.   (No need to worry about +/- tuning due to
doppler.)    I'm feeding the "tape recording" output of the Bearcat into the
mic jack of a netbook running the UZ7HO Soundmodem. My ultimate plan is to turn
this setup into a full time sat gate.

However, the times I am actually hearing the space station have no correlation
to when my APRS maps are show the   KJ4ERJ-14  ISS object   as being overhead.

Lynn, are the Keps for this object updated automatically or do you have to
periodically update them by hand?

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

High-Performance Software-Only Packet TNC
    http://wa8lmf.net/miscinfo/UZ7HO-Soundmodem-Install-Ver-0.44-Beta.exe

High Quality Calibrated Static Maps for Any APRS App
    http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/PM9_StatiicMap_Export.htm

  Vista & Win7 Install Issues for UI-View and Precision Mapping
     http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/UIview_Notes.htm#VistaWin7

   http://wa8lmf.net/DigiPaths