[aprssig] Blue Horizon Balloon info

Bill Diaz william.diaz at comcast.net
Sun Mar 25 09:35:59 EDT 2012

Blue Horizon info update.

APRS callsign KD2AUC-1.
  30m and 40m beacon callsign N2XE.

APRS on 144.39.

HF info: CW mode, transmitting morse code lat , long, altitude, battery
voltage.

30m at 10.14658 05, 25, 45 minute of every hour.
40m at 7.10231 MHz  10, 30, 50 minute of every hour.

http://aprs.fi/#!call=a%2FKD2AUC-1&timerange=3600
No Positions received for KD2AUC-1  since last night.

Mission info at http://www.projectbluehorizon.com/#mission, including
reports that hams have received 30m position beacons, but for some
reason they are not publishing the lat,lons!  Must be a secret<g>.
These locations apparently are indicated on the map at
http://www.projectbluehorizon.com/#flight, marked with a U.  Apparently,
a blue marker with a U is an updated prediction.  Significance of the
icons and letters not indicated clearly on the site.  The icons sure
don't seem to correspond with the Prediction legend colors.

Bill KC9XG