[aprssig] radio aprs vs internet aprs

Greg Dolkas ko6th.greg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 01:57:24 EDT 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Tom Hayward <esarfl at gmail.com> wrote:

> If your computer runs Windows, I recommend APRSIS32 software:
> http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/
>
> If you're running Linux, check out aprx:
> http://wiki.ham.fi/Aprx.en
>

> Hi Tom, Mike,

APRSIS32 also runs very well on Linux under Wine.  I have my iGate running
24x7 that way on an old PC that also serves as our home "server" for
backups, archives, and such.  The TNC is an MFJ-1278T, hooked to a Kenwood
TR-7730, both picked up at a club "white elephant" sale for very reasonable
cost.  The Linux distro is OpenSuSE 12.1, though most any modern distro can
be used.

Greg  KO6TH