[aprssig] HELP! Digipeat storm in SE PA

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Tue Mar 20 17:18:08 EDT 2012

APRSISCE/32 detects that an outbound APRS message is destined for itself
and loops the answer around as an Internal packet.  No sense clogging
either the RF or the -IS with software that's just talking to itself.

The strange thing I see is that none of the packets that were logged
from RF by N3TUQ-5 were 3rd party packets.  It is possible that no local
IGate was considering your station recently local to gate out to you?
What do your own RF reception logs show as the sequence of events back
at the start of the conflagration?

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Wi32