[aprssig] Should a digipeater digi a message sent to itself?

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Tue Mar 20 15:52:41 EDT 2012

APRSISCE/32 explicitly suppresses digipeating packets that it originally
transmitted (it's basically a dupe, having been transmitted once).  It
WILL, however, digipeat message packets from other stations, even if
they address the digipeater.  Digipeating is all about the first unused
component of the packet path, not the packet content, IMHO.

There may be other RF stations of the same base callsign that are
listening for messages addressed to the digipeater, so if there's an
unused path component that the digi responds to, then I believe it
should be digipeated.  Unless, of course, it was already recently
repeated by that digi.