[aprssig] HELP! Digipeat storm in SE PA

Andrew P. andrewemt at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 20 14:21:46 EDT 2012

Greetings.

I tried something that may or may not be uncool, which was to send a message containing a directed query to my own callsign, figuring I would bounce both the query and the answer off a local digipeater. It worked, but now I have local digipeaters digipeating the queries and replies back and forth. I shut down my station so it would stop responding to the copies of the original query message, but the messages are still bouncing, with max-length digipeater lists.

Can anybody help me stop this, or will it fade out on its own (I hope!)?

Andrew Pavlin, KA2DDO