[aprssig] Mail host needed

John Gorkos jgorkos at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 08:10:36 EDT 2012

I'm tired of fighting with Comcast over outbound mail.  Does anyone have a
hosted server somewhere that I can use as a mail relay for APRS-ALERT.NET?
The server sends maybe 600 messages per day, to a mix of cellphone numbers
(i.e. 2125551212 at tmomail.com) and regular email addresses (ab0oo at arrl.net).
I have my postfix mailer configured to use SASL/username&password auth with
comcast's mail servers, but it's just too unreliable.  Comcast only allows
a certain number of connections per unit time, and will then block for tens
of minutes after that limit is exceeded.
If anyone has a hosted Linux server, with reliable email connection and no
limits on outbound mail and is willing to help, please contact me off list.

John Gorkos