[aprssig] GPS 18x PC for Kenwood radios

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Mon Jun 18 21:21:28 EDT 2012

> Actually, the Uniden HomePatrol-1 comes factory-loaded with the entire
> RadioReference.com database for the U.S. and Canada. The RR database has

That may be, but this one wasn't coming up with anything local and I
didn't want to screw up the customer's settings when I didn't need to
mess with that part.  It looked like it *should* have been slick, but it
wasn't being cooperative.

> But, Scott, I have to ask...why the Garmin GPS18x? What advantage does
> it have over your ADS-GM1?

Easy 12v power.  For the GM1 I'd still have to come up with a 5v supply.
  I checked, and the extra pin on the HP1 is not power (one could always
hope), it's just a handshaking line.

Scott
N1VG