[aprssig] Is ISS Digipeater Down?

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sat Jun 16 22:04:35 EDT 2012

For the last month or so, I have been monitoring 145.825 MHz and igating
traffic from the ISS.     I have a satgate setup consisting of an Icom discone
antennna, and a Bearcat 760 scanner with it's "tape recording" audio output
connected to an Acer netbook running the UZ7HO Soundmodem tnc.  This setup has
been listening 24/7 for passes, and has worked perfectly until now.

However, for the last week or so, I have heard nothing from the ISS.     Has
anyone else noticed the same thing?   Did they move to a different frequency
for APRS operations?   Did the crew possibly use the radio for voice contacts
and forget to re-enable the digipeater?   Or what?

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

High-Performance Software-Only Packet TNC
http://wa8lmf.net/miscinfo/UZ7HO-Soundmodem-Install-Ver-0.44-Beta.exe

High Quality Calibrated Static Maps for Any APRS App
    http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/PM9_StaticMap_Export.htm

  Vista & Win7 Install Issues for UI-View and Precision Mapping
     http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/UIview_Notes.htm#VistaWin7

   http://wa8lmf.net/DigiPaths