[aprssig] Should I submit a paper to DCC on YAAC?

John Gorkos jgorkos at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 10:53:55 EDT 2012

I think a source review would be an excellent deep-dive topic, especially
if it comes with a copy of the source code and a commitment to moving YAAC
into the next stage of development (I.e. Hosting it on github, googlecode,
or sourceforge, using a bug tracking system, having a roadmap and inviting
new developers, etc).  I think the time is right for the introduction of
another fully open-source, cross-platform APRS client, especially one
written in Java.  Getting all of this set up at DCC would be appropriate,
a well, because motivation and interest always peaks when people are face
to face.
It would also be nice to hear from the Xastir guys (Curt -WE7U?)  I'd be
interested in hearing a talk about the pros and cons of an open-source
amateur radio project in general.  Those guys probably have a treasure
trove of do-s and don't-s they could share.

John Gorkos