[aprssig] Problem loading UI-View32 onto new Windows7 computer

David Dobbins ddobbins at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 18:43:55 EDT 2012

Copied here and the ui-view yahoogroup for solution, please.

A couple weeks ago I helped install Precision Maps v7 and UI-View32 onto a
friend's Windows7 laptop. Precision Maps was installed in the Program Files
(x86) directory and set up and registered just fine. UI-View was installed
in the C:\ "root" directory as suggested, configured, registered, and
working aok. The PMapv707.ocx linking file was installed and configured ok.
When we restarted the computer, then restarted UI-View, we selected the
Map, Load A Map sub-menu, then selected Precision Mapping vX server, and
confirmed the auto selection of the Precision Maps directory. We clicked
CONTINUE, the computer went into thinking mode for about five seconds, then
responded with:

"An APRS compatible program has stopped working.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. windows will close
the program and notify you if a solution is available".

We clicked on close program and ui-view closes.

This afternoon we went through the same process, installing Precision Maps
v9 and UI-View32 onto a new Windows7 desktop. We followed the same
procedure, and ended up with the same results.

If this rings a bell, and you figured out how to get it working, please
advise.

I compared as much as I could to my Window7 laptop with UI-View32 and
Precision Maps v9, which is working just fine, but can't find any issues to
investigate.

Thanks,

David K7GPS
Missoula