[aprssig] high altitude balloon / Raspberry Pi SSTV / RTTY tracking

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Fri Jul 20 00:27:15 EDT 2012

I searched back over the last few days and couldn't find a mention of
this project on here, so here goes...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18900862#
http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/1620
http://www.uk.amsat.org/8978
http://www.daveakerman.com/?p=592

I believe the project was by Dave M5AKA but it took a bit
of digging to find the callsign. The balloon made it to 39,994
metres and the Raspberry Pi sent SSTV images tot he ground.
They were tracking it, but it isn't entirely clear if APRS was
used. SSTV was just 10 mW on 434.650 MHz. There was also
a GoPro onboard. One of the pages actually mentioned RTTY
for the telemetry, so perhaps APRS wasn't involved.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH