[aprssig] Re 30M APRS and Digipeaters

G0JXN Jim g0jxn.jim at ntlworld.com
Sun Jul 15 06:52:25 EDT 2012

Hi Guys

Digressing a little but on the subject of APRS digipeaters on HF, Bob (WB4APR) and I had some email discussions on the subject some time ago in relation to the use of digipeaters on the 20m Net14 project. After I explained that the frequency chosen by the founder members, 14.103 MHz LSB (dial), was not then a National or Internationally allocated or recognised frequency and the project was about establishing a world wide net by the use of digipeaters, Bob offered his best wishes.

Well several years later the project has become the APRS operating frequency for over 150 stations in some 30 countries. Yes there are many digipeaters and ,I regret, some stations that gate from the net but we have some good DX and a lot of fun.

Checkout the Stations button in Activity This Month on www.net14.org.uk .

By all means kick this about but I'm sorry I do not have the time to enter into long drawn out discussions on the subject. What Net14 is about is well documented on the website.

73

Jim, G0JXN/MB7UXN