[aprssig] Received packet question

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Fri Jul 13 10:56:45 EDT 2012

It would be extremely helpful to know the station that originated the
packets in question.  I suspect, but cannot be sure, that the 457 is
simply what that station is supplying as the toCall or Application
Identifier (http://www.aprs.org/aprs11/tocalls.txt).  This is a
non-standard toCall, but someone might be trying to run it as an AltNet.

My APRSIS32 full feed filtered to AltNet 457 shows three stations: COML,
N9TB-10, and WB9NTO, but they are so geographically dispersed as to
appear that it's more a mistake than intentional.

The APRS-IS packet path says that the station is directly injecting his
own packets to APRS-IS (the TCPIP*) and is connected to the FIRST core
server.

The qAC means "Packet was received from the client directly via a
verified connection (FROMCALL=login). The callSSID following the qAC is
the server's callsign-SSID." (http://www.aprs-is.net/q.aspx).