[aprssig] 30M APRS and digipeaters...

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Jul 12 11:37:19 EDT 2012

Yes, I agree fully.  We never want digipeating on HF.  It just adds QRM to
everyone and cuts throughput in HALF on an already slow channel.  Now if I
was SINKING and in a MAYDAY situation, then I might digipeat, because in an
emergency ANYTHING might help even though it does IMPACT everyone else.

But ONLY in emergencies.  Othwewise the recommendation for APRS packet was
NO DIGIPEATING.

Thanks for bringing this up.
Bob, WB4aPR