[aprssig] 30M APRS and digipeaters...

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Wed Jul 11 21:11:57 EDT 2012

What are the current thoughts about digipeaters and APRS on HF,
specifically on 30M? My understanding was that digipeaters would
be a bad thing... i.e. if there is propagation, everyone would hear
everything, and the digipeated beacons would just be QRM and
take up bandwidth and time slots. I was basically saying iGates
(properly configured) good, digipeaters evil.

I ask because I said on another list that having a 30M APRS digi
would not be a good thing and received one contrary (off list) reply.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH