[aprssig] FW: Newbie attempting to use WinAPRS

Herb Gerhardt hgerhardt at wavecable.com
Mon Jul 2 23:33:04 EDT 2012

Jake,

I am more than happy to help you get a base station set up in WinAPRS but I
have no experience with a sound card TNC and I have never run AGWPE.  I am
also not familiar with your GPS nor radio and have never participated in a
balloon event, however, there are several people in our NW APRS Group who
have done balloon events, so I am posting your request on our mailing list.
Hopefully one of them will be able to jump in and help you.

I am also posting this request on the TAPR APRS list which has nationwide
coverage if not worldwide coverage.  I know there are a number of folks who
have done balloon events and should also be able to help you get things set
up.

The thing you did not state is what your call sign is or the location of
your balloon flight.  If people were to know where your flight will take
place from, there might be someone in that area that could assist.
Hopefully in the next day or so, you will be overwhelmed with folks who are
able to help you...

Good luck with your flight and be sure to post it on both of these mailing
lists so those interested can follow it on APRS.

Herb, KB7UVC

NW APRS Group, West Sound Coordinator

Our WEB Site:  http://www.nwaprs.info <http://www.nwaprs.info/>