[aprssig] 14 day APRS posit archive download?

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Mon Jul 2 09:29:15 EDT 2012

On 7/2/2012 2:11 AM, Heikki Hannikainen wrote:

> The "Data export tool" can give you a KML/KMZ, CSV/Excel or XML file with the
> parsed positions, so that you can archive and visualize them yourself. I
> don't know if UI-View can read them, but the KML/KMZ opens up nicely in
> Google Earth.

UIview expects stored data to be in normal APRS format, as it was originally
received from RF or the APRS-IS. .

UIview has a logging feature that writes every received packet, as-is, to a
disk file with one packet per line delimited with a CR/LF. .    Afterwards, you
can play back the log file at rates ranging from the original incoming speed
(1X) to 5X to  25X to "fast as possible",  using media-player-type
PLAY-PAUSE-STOP-REWIND buttons.

If you have UIview options or plugins like Height-Track (which draws
color-coded-by-altitude track lines of specified stations) running, they will
respond to the emulated incoming streams just as they do in real-time operation.

This playback feature makes for really nice demos when you don't have access to
the Internet or a live radio such as at indoor radio club presentations.     I
have logged balloon launches for "post-mortem" analysis with this feature many
times.   .

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

High-Performance Software-Only Packet TNC
http://wa8lmf.net/miscinfo/UZ7HO-Soundmodem-Install-Ver-0.44-Beta.exe

High Quality Calibrated Static Maps for Any APRS App
    http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/PM9_StaticMap_Export.htm

  Vista & Win7 Install Issues for UI-View and Precision Mapping
     http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/UIview_Notes.htm#VistaWin7

   http://wa8lmf.net/DigiPaths