[aprssig] 14 day APRS posit archive download?

Dave B dave at g8kbv.demon.co.uk
Mon Jul 2 09:11:44 EDT 2012

Hi All.

Thanks to all who responded with help, suggestions (all useful) on-list
and direct, even with extracted data.  Thanks again.

Before I went off trundling arround the EU, I was in the middle of moving
many accounts and apps from the old W2k shack PC, to this W7 laptop.

Looks like I'll have to renew/refresh the google ID I have(or had) to use
the aprs.fi site to it's best, as part of that process.

Yes, I also found that the new version of the findu site, doesn't seem to
support any maps outside the US of A by defult these days.

As for the default use of Bing maps.  Hmmmm..  No comment, but not for
me.  (Not that Google are entirely inocent.)   Anyone looked at OSM?
(Open Street Map)  Just an idea, there might be a way for APRS to
contribute to that perhaps, via the use of a specific comment tag
peahaps, so you could set that, go out and drive a "new" road for
example, and the resulting data find it's way to OSM via some intervening
IS monitoring system?

Just random musings on my part, someone certainly needs to do that
arround Eindhoven that I do know!  They moved the Autoroute some distance
from where all the sat-nav's think it is, and also altered the access
to/from it too!  Caused us a couple of hours delay trying to figure that
out, also many near locals, judging from those we repeatedly met at
various dead-ends!...

Anyway...

73.  And thanks again.

Dave (G0WBX-7)