[aprssig] New tablet usable for APRS.

david vanhorn kc6ete at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 11:44:53 EST 2012

For what it's worth, my Acer Iconia A500 (android or windows models
available) has a USB host port that works with the common serial port
adaptors, plus bluetooth and wifi.

I could well imagine a TNC connected by bluetooth or serial, leaving the
other port available for other sensors.

I have not tried hubs or multiple serial port devices yet, and I don't
really expect any success with that.

It's got a micro SD slot that allows up to 32G for data or application
storage.

Battery life is excellent, FAR outstripping my android phone with the
largest battery available for it, and minimal phone usage.  The GPS isn't
wonderful, but it does achieve lock in my ground floor apartment.