[aprssig] Someone's Server Mangling Packets

Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists hamlists at ametx.com
Wed Jan 25 08:57:27 EST 2012

Bob,

Your theory may be correct for a very few instances although the CRC in AX.25 is a significant deterrent to these originating on RF.  In this case, it is bad software.  The manglings shown are software concatenations and software modifications to headers and are numerous.  No RF bit errors involved with these.

My plea to software authors stands.  And if this was something identified and corrected, please strongly notify your software users to update to the latest release.

Thanks.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net