[aprssig] Someone's Server Mangling Packets

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Wed Jan 25 08:52:23 EST 2012

q-constructs are a fabrication of the APRS-IS.  They're never
(supposedly) transmitted over the air and are therefore not subject to
the vagaries of the AX.25 packet wrapping and encoding.  And the
required line delimiter is another condition that must be done within
the APRS-IS transport network, most likely at some originating
multi-mode client/server, not on the RF side of APRS.

I'm not enough of a math major to be able to work out the requested
probabilities, but I'd love to see it as well!  If that actually is
capable of happening, it'd probably result in a less-than-consistent
modification of the packets, though.