[aprssig] Q: Verify Path for SmartPhones

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 14:37:51 EST 2012

On Fri, 13 Jan 2012, Steve Noskowicz wrote:

> I don't have a smart phone, so I only pay half attention to those discussions. One of the am drive-time group got a message and I think the sender needs some advice...
>
> Based on what I (think I try to) inderstand, smart phones shouldn't have an RF path, right?  Seems to make no sense.  They should only have TCPIP, right?

Just food for thought:  What about those with an APRS app running on a tablet with no 3G/4G, connected via [serial | USB | bluetooth | 802.11] to a TNC/radio combo in the vehicle?  A "WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1" path makes sense then.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
Babysitting your tracker:  http://info.aprs.net/index.php?title=ControlOperator