[aprssig] Interesting. CQ Server sounds like Twitter

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 9 17:21:39 EST 2012

As I listen at the start, I should have mentioned that the part I heard was around the middle at about 20 to 30 minutes in.  They talk about using Twitter to gather information for reporting, from many trusted sources.
--
73, Steve, K9DCI

--- On Mon, 1/9/12, Steve Noskowicz <noskosteve at yahoo.com> wrote:

I was unable to listen to this whole On Point program, but what I heard made me think that the CQ Server concept sounds like Twitter and could be just as powerful, or just as inane.

On Point, an NPR program seems to be more substantive than most.

I didn't see a transcript, but you can listen here:
http://onpoint.wbur.org/2012/01/03/where-twitter-is-taking-us

--
73, Steve, K9DCI USN (Vet) MOT (Ret) Ham (Yet)
--

Up to date APRS Beginner Guide - updated Apr-2011 http://K9DCI.home.comcast.net
Click 'APRS Beginner INFO' under Contact

Manage Radio Memories with an Excel Spreadsheet !
Click to tune. Click to capture Radio freq.
All Memories on one page. Cut, Copy, Paste, Print 'em, etc...
For:
TM-D700 | TH-F6A | TS-2000 | Icom 706MkIIG
All PMs |Real-time & memories | Sat mems too | Loads Mem Tones!
NOT D710

More Details, Features and Downloads at:
http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/