[aprssig] Coverage holes in OK?

Alex Carver kf4lvz at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 7 16:47:20 EST 2012

According to Lynn's network maps, the only digipeaters between Amarillo and Tucumcari are actually _IN_ Amarillo and Tucumcari.  The Tucumcari digi is labeled "TUCARI" and the Amarillo digis are "RANDAL", KE5KUL and "WAYSID"

According to the more recent aprs.fi data, there's a string of I-gates plus a couple digis in and around Tulsa.  I managed to hit one while I was still east of Oklahoma City between Sallisaw and Checotah but that was pretty much the last thing I hit until I got within range of the SOKC digi in Oklahoma City.  Once I passed OKC I had nothing at all until Amaraillo.  Even the map shows nothing in that area between OKC and Amarillo.