[aprssig] Object Naming Conventions

Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists hamlists at ametx.com
Sat Feb 25 07:00:18 EST 2012

Object names can have underscores.  Item names cannot.  If someone does not follow the spec in their software, that is their issue.  Don't confuse objects with items.  They are two different animals with different specifications.  The spec is clear that -all- printable ASCII characters are allowed in the 9 character Object name.  If it is an Item, yes you should reject Items with ! or _ in the name just as you should reject callsigns that have punctuation in them (single hyphen before a one or 2 character SSID, total length not to exceed 9 characters is allowed in a callsign).

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net