[aprssig] POI engine on APRS-IS (no engine required!))

Andre aprs at pe1rdw.demon.nl
Tue Feb 21 11:35:02 EST 2012

Op 21-2-2012 17:05, Bob Bruninga schreef:
>> But what LAT/LONG should be used for the wildcard?
> It uses the present address of the sender when the ITEM-in-MSG message is
> created.
>
>> if you use the current position then you can only create objects
>>   that follows the sender.
> No, they remain or are deadreckoned from where they were first entered.
>
> Bob, WB4APR

How do you plan to do that if you use the bullitain decaying algorithm?
every bullitain recieved can be the first one and most software
overwrites a old bulitain of the same designator and sender with newly
recieved and with it the item using the then current location, even when
software does not update item in messages you can still not predict when
it will actualy be recieved unless you do ack them, at least then the
creator will know where the reciever will get them.
if you wish the item in message to always be at the spot where you
create them you need to replace the wildcards at the place you create
them and then deadreckoning will only start from the last time it is
recieved, not the first time, at least in all the software I have seen.
That would make sense as every time an object or item is recieved it is
to be asumed to be correct at the moment of reception.

73 Andre PE1RDW