[aprssig] SPOT engine on APRS.FI

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Feb 21 09:43:33 EST 2012

> The possibility to "post" a OBJECT/ITEM is a great idea
> and maybe more advanced functions could be added later
> after the format has been agreed on.

> Playing more with the idea maybe the DF Report could be added?
> i.e sending "speed PHG RNG SignalStrength Comment" to DF
> and this is then finding your position and then create a
> DF object/report:=4903.50N/07201.75W\000/036/270/729

Great idea.  And true.  The object should be able to have a CSE/SPD so it
can be deadreckoned.
How about this format:

MESSAGE TO:  POI

MESSAGE:  objname [/$]comment   <== for a fixed object

MESSAGE:  objname [/$CSE/SPD]comment <== for moving

For a DF format, I agree that a separate message to "DF" would trigger that
parser...

Bob, Wb4APR