[aprssig] 433 MHz operation

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Wed Feb 15 16:52:52 EST 2012

> You mentioned mesh routing... Do these babies have an internal stack, or
> is this something you do in your controller?

It would be up to me - the transceivers have no protocol stack at all,
just some basic retiming and synchronization.  No scrambler, either, so
I still need to tweak the format a bit to avoid sync loss on long
strings of zeros since the Hamming-encoded 0 is still 0.

I've had papers on various mesh networking protocols bookmarked for
years and haven't had a chance to mess with it.  I've also had these
transceivers kicking around for months and finally dug them out because
I've had a couple of inquiries about projects where I think they'd be
perfect.

And every time I go out to the Black Rock Desert I think about how great
a location that would be for a low-power mesh system.  When the Airship
Victoria guys aren't flying their musical Tesla coil around, anyawy.

Scott
N1VG