[aprssig] 433 MHz operation

Andre aprs at pe1rdw.demon.nl
Wed Feb 15 14:17:45 EST 2012

Op 15-2-2012 19:12, Scott Miller schreef:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been playing with some half-watt 70 cm data transceivers lately.
> I'm currently testing at 434 MHz, and with the standard crystal they
> should cover about 430 to 439 MHz.  I'm not really familiar with the
> 70 cm band plan and figured I'd check here and see if people consider
> that a reasonable part of the band to be working in.
I asume you are looking for frequenties to pretune the radios to.
Europe has a number of aprs frequenties on 70 cm because it's a very
regionaly planned band.
the first used 70cm aprs frequentie is 430.5125 but not every country
has the full range so a seccond frequentie is sugested but websites are
conflicting on what it is, I have seen 432.500 and 433.800
At any rate never put it between 435 and 438 because that is sattelite
usage.
Also above 440 and below 430 is not usable in europe

73 Andre PE1RDW