[aprssig] APRS callsigning for internationally travelling hams?

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Wed Feb 15 15:27:04 EST 2012

I'll ditto that for Spain, but being from the USA, I had to retune to
144.800 and I did keep an area map of Spain handy and changed my EAn to
the appropriate n as I traveled around.  Of course, this was pretty easy
with the remote command interface to the T2-135 from the Nuvi350's
messaging interface.

When you think about it, here in the USA we've lost the ability to
differentiate local or DX based on callsign because our calls are no
longer required to carry the appropriate regional number any more.  So,
when I copy a 7 station down here in 4-land, I really don't know if it's
local or DX without looking at the path and the coordinates anyway.