[aprssig] Where is KT5TK-11?

Heikki Hannikainen hessu at hes.iki.fi
Sun Feb 12 15:25:03 EST 2012

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012, Greg D wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm confused.  Or, something is.
>
> According to Findu, the balloon is over Dickinson Texas, last received 1 hr,
> 37 minutes ago.
>
> According to aprs.fi, the balloon is off the Louisiana coast, last received
> some 10 hrs ago.
>
> They can't both be right...  Probably neither is, but what's up with APRS-IS?

The duplicate filtering used on aprs.fi filtered some last packets, due
to the rather ambiguous local-time timestamp jumping back:

http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=KT5TK-11

I'll have to improve that code a bit to ignore backwards-jumping
timestamps if there's enough real time passing, or if the timestamps
continue to roll on nicely after the jump backwards.

   - Hessu