[aprssig] D700 on WX station.

KB5ILY - Travis W. Burton kb5ily at arrl.net
Sun Feb 12 01:42:48 EST 2012

My County Emergency Operations Center has a Peet Bros. Ultimeter 2100
weather station (standalone), also they have a Kenwood D700.

What I would like to do is connect the wx station to the D700 and have
that transmitted on side A, (now for the main part for me sending this) on
side B of the D700 be able to TX & RX to our spotters on 2m.

I do not own or operate a D700 except very rarely.  Can this work or would
it be better to put a straight 2m rig on the WX station ?

I am not sure yet, but if I dig through the storage closet I might find an
Alinco DR-135TP.  Would this be a better choice for the WX station ?

Would a PC have to be between either the 2100 and D700 or 2100 and
DR-135TP ? Or is the 2100 connectable directly ?

If I have to use a straight 2m rig, I can find a KPC plus somewhere.

73 de Travis KB5ILY
870-260-6068 (Phone)
--
             Travis W. Burton, NP, ESQ., KB5ILY / Arkadelphia AR
                 President, DeGray Amateur Radio club, Inc.
                       Internet: mailto:kb5ily at arrl.net
          http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?feedId=9877
                          WWW:  http://www.kb5ily.org
                    GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES of AMERICA
Only he who Attempts the Ridiculous can Achieve the Impossible. (WILL HENRY)
                    Linux is my operating system of choice.

                    Computers are like Air Conditioners,
              they stop working correctly when you open windows.