[aprssig] Prolific USB<>RS232 woes (Was Re: New tablet usable for APRS.)

KB1TX at aol.com KB1TX at aol.com
Thu Feb 2 09:41:28 EST 2012

Dave:

I had similar problems with USB/232 and Byonics TT 3 and 4. Byon suggested
I use the driver they use, and it loads as ports 8 and 15 on my HP desktop
running Windows 7 -32.

_http://www.byonics.com/downloads/sabrent_usb_to_serial_drivers.zip_
(http://www.byonics.com/downloads/sabrent_usb_to_serial_drivers.zip)

It may take several tries to get it to load completely. My system loses the
 internet connection after a couple seconds of the download, but eventually
I get  it all.

Arthur L Smith

KB1TX
KB1TX at AOL.COM
Chocorua, NH, USA

In a message dated 2/1/2012 6:58:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,