[aprssig] APRS Messaging Ham Only Social Site

kb2scs at optonline.net kb2scs at optonline.net
Mon Dec 31 13:28:49 EST 2012

Hi Steve
              Yes you can send an APRS message from
73s.com to RF.

You have to have a 73s.com account.
Once logged in on your status page
you would type in the text box.

d n7ice this is a message.

That is of course if you wanted to send an
APRS message to Chris n7ice.
I think the d tells 73s.com to send the message
via APRS instead of it being a post to
73s.com

Any arm chair lawyers out there.
please do not reply.

On 31 Dec 2012 at 8:55, Steve Noskowicz wrote:

>  Not knowing what a Twitter "DM" is, can you explain where he
> says:
> " You can send APRS messages out like DMs on Twitter (i.e. d n7ice
> test message).
>
>   I didn't find a clarification. Does this mean you can send an APRS
> message *from* the site to RF?
>
> For the other direction, he has a how-to video Episode 69 in his
> HamBrief Videos.
>
> 73, Steve, K9DCI

Let us hope we never witness the "Silence Of The Hams"
73 DE John KB2SCS
           Packet:        KB2SCS at WA2PNU,#NLI.NY.USA.NOAM
           E-Mail:         kb2scs at arrl.net
           Web Page:  http://www.qsl.net/kb2scs