[aprssig] After market D7 batteries

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Dec 10 18:18:39 EST 2012

Experience with after market D7 batteries?

We bought ten 800 mAH NiMh batteries for all of our D7's here at the office.

None will charge in the D7 drop-in charger without going to BLINK mode
after a charge..

Are they charged?  Or is this ano-charge error condition?
Maybe it just doesnt like the 800 mAH capacity since it expects 600 mAH?

THey do seem to work after a charge, but not sure how long.  Before I
did extensive testing, just thought I woiuld ask of others experience
with the drop-in charger and off-brand batteries.

Bob, WB4aPR

Also they are nearly impossible to attach to a D7.  The plastic
housing is not well matched to the intricate holding system on the
back of the D7.