[aprssig] CNSP-18

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 4 17:20:00 EST 2012

I wondered the same thing, like just about everyone else.  Last evening, ISS did pass by the place where the balloon left Newfoundland contact at about that time and could have helped for a couple of passes.

  It *would* be cool if they did hear it, even if it was on the ground...  However,
  I think they'd have to watch the radio display for some time while over, I guess, south or mid Africa.

  I can't think of any way to have the radio capture the Balloon's packets reliably since there would be so much traffic, the balloon's data would scroll off the list and be lost unless they checked it often.

  Unless... they could hook up a computer to the radio and grab all the data...

perhaps if they're boored.  I imagine the poor little thing sqwaking away in some African tree.

In other words... not likely.  (:-(

73, Steve, K9DCI  USN (Vet)  MOT (Ret)  Ham (Yet)