[aprssig] Firenet Servers, alternatives

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Tue Dec 4 01:37:57 EST 2012

On 12/3/2012 3:53 PM, Curt, WE7U wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Dec 2012, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
>
>> Thank you!  Switched over and immediately started getting the feed I'm used
>> to.  Thanks for the addition of both the ports AND the servers themselves!
>> Without the volunteer-provided servers, the APRS-IS would not exist.
>
> No problemo.  I just added port 10152 as well and kicked both servers.
>
> Thanks to Pete for doing the DNS thing today.  Really helped. Several people
> have switched over to the new address already.

Firenet now working both via the direct IPs and firenet.us

--BUT--

the NWS advisory/watch/warnings feed seems to not be working again, either with
   t/n   or e/WE7U-WX.....

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

High Performance Sound Systems for Soundcard Apps
    http://wa8lmf.net/ham/imic.htm
    http://wa8lmf.net/ham/uca202.htm

Vista & Win7 Install Issues for UI-View and Precision Mapping
     http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/UIview_Notes.htm#VistaWin7

   http://wa8lmf.net/DigiPaths