[aprssig] Application Identifier (was: What sets the max packet length for APRS)

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 2 19:04:33 EST 2012

What is the significance of the APN prefix?  I see that APNK01 is "another" D700 TOCALL.  Does APNxx imply "Network nodes, digis, etc" for everyting with that  three letter prefix?

SO...
Set up a D700 as a digi, change the TOCALL to APNK01...?
Set up a D7 as a digi, change the TOCALL to APNK00...?

Set up a D710 as a digi, change the TOCALL to APNK02...?
Set up a D72 as a digi, change the TOCALL to APNK03...?

  Like that?

...and...
Is this a typo:  APR102  Kenwood D710   "R" ??

73, Steve, K9DCI USN (Vet) MOT (Ret) Ham (Yet)