[aprssig] Texas A&M servers are down

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 08:24:43 EDT 2012

Thanks, Cap, but it's when I have to send e-mail like this that it
really hurts.

The systems were powered back on about 1700 CDT. Not everything came
back but we're investigating. More should be online today.

Apologies for the problems this has caused.

For those who were unaware, I've taken a position at the University of
Oklahoma. I'm in the process of configuring some virtual machines to
handle server duties at OU, that have to date, been done at Texas A&M. I
expect, because the hardware these are hosted on is newer, to see fewer
problems. We also have the ability to bring a VM back online in 2-3
minutes at OU, rather than having to find a new piece of hardware, if
things break.

More as the transition happens.

73 gerry n5jxs