[aprssig] Tomtom's For APRS (Question)

Lawrence LaBranche Capdiamont at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 1 23:03:10 EDT 2012

I can see RS-232 gps not being made by mass manufactures. However embedded GPS is widely available. Also max-232 chip are still available.

I see three main possibilities as a result.

The USB gps pucks could be hacked to    access the serial GPS info before it gets converted to UPS. A bit of a pain.

Low volume manufactures could continue to make RS-232 GPS.

More radios and TNCs could embed GPS or allow embedded GPS modules in to them.

I am unclear why you think the D72 is limited by the USB interface. The D72 does have a regular serial port via a 2.5  mini jack.

KI6ZQY