[aprssig] Redundant IOTA (was: APRS 1.2 expanded symbol set)

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Mon Sep 19 18:07:27 EDT 2011

 From the original http://aprs.org/symbols/symbols.txt

> /i  LI  IOTA (islands on the air)

 From the new http://www.aprs.org/symbols/symbols-new.txt

> I; = Islands on the air

Are we attempting to retire up a primary table space (/i) or just being
redundant and introduction confusion when trying to identify IOTAs?

My full feed APRSIS32 monitor shows 12 IOTA (/i) symbol stations active
within the past 2 hours, so the symbol is being used, although I don't
know if they're true activations or just people that like the island symbol.