[aprssig] Australian 7 character Foundation callsigns

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Sat Sep 3 00:37:38 EDT 2011

Greetings to the collective APRS mind,

I know this was discussed at some point in the past, but I cannot locate
the discussion nor the resolution in my e-mail archives, so here goes again.

I've got a new APRS user from Australia whose callsign is VK4FSRD (you
can find him at qrz.com).  My memory told me that the 7 character
callsigns were for special stations, but when I asked him about this, he
said "It is a foundation license in Australia".

My question is probably obvious by now, what callsign should I suggest
that he use for his station (given the AX.25 6 character source call
limitation) and additionally (probably the same answer) what callsign do
I use to generate his APRS-IS password?