[aprssig] 12V wiring ideas

Bob Burns W9RXR w9rxr_ at rlburns.net
Sat Oct 29 19:24:41 EDT 2011

At 05:38 PM 10/29/2011, Steve Noskowicz wrote:
>Then, they should require no mechanical assistance. However, if you
>want take extra care, put a TieWrap around the WHOLE connector pair
>- around both backs, between the two wires.

If you go back to the beginning of the thread, you'll see that the
original discussion was about using a fuse block with PowerPole
connectors. Ty-wraps or clips may work fine in an in-line connection
between two cables, but I haven't seen a PowerPole fuse block from
West Mountain Radio, PowerWerx, or Saratoga that would allow you to
snake a ty-wrap around the connector in the fuse block to keep the
mating connector from pulling out of the fuse block.

Bob...