[aprssig] 12V wiring ideas

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Oct 29 14:56:36 EDT 2011

> I have seen PP's come apart many times with
> no tension on the wires.  So I know its possible.

Sure if the PP is not assembled right in the first place.  Anything not properly installed cannot be expected to work right.

If the PP contact is properly slid all the way in to where it hooks over the steel spring clip, then (and only then) will it be in the correct position and will properly do its job.  Sometimes people do not do that last little click and forget to look carefully to assure it is seated.

I use them all the time, and they never come apart.

Bob