[aprssig] tocall - APRX

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 21:50:43 EDT 2011

I just noticed the description below from http://www.aprs.org/tocalls.txt.

APRXxx  <39 for OH2MQK's RX-igate

Given the recent discussion about the need/preference for Igates that
can receive and transmit (properly), which didn't exactly help the
image of Rx Igates, the description above probably needs to change.
The APRX software written by OH2MQK supports Tx and Rx igating as well
as digipeating.  The aprs.fi site ID's a station running APRX
appropriately as follows:

Device: 	OH2MQK: aprx version 22 (software)

I've seen some software clients ID the station as "OH2MQK's RX-igate"
or something similar.  I doubt someone running either a Tx/Rx igate or
a digipeater with APRX is going to want their station identified as a
Rx Igate.

I think perhaps the APRX application was exclusively a Rx Igate when
it was first introduced, but it's certainly not the case now.

Regards,

Lee - K5DAT