[aprssig] HF higher bands are warming up

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Oct 23 16:45:43 EDT 2011

HF all the way up to 10 meters is hopping.  Hundreds of signals on 10 meters.  Including full quieting FM on the 29 MHz channels.  Finally solar max is coming in.

I hear about one packet per minute on the APRS 10 meg freq, but the voice activity on the higher bands is fascinating for this HF wannabee...

This should be good for a year or so and so we might be thinking if there is anything we want to do with this enhanced propagation.  Can we run 1200 baud FSK on 10 meters?  I havent looked in a long time.

Bob, WB4APR