[aprssig] Satellite positions: Objects or Stations?

la3qma at aprs.la la3qma at aprs.la
Sat Oct 15 16:32:05 EDT 2011

Quoting "Bob Bruninga" <bruninga at usna.edu>:

>> The "de KJ4ERJ" would be non-standard and non-
>> parseable since it would be in the free-form
>> comment text field.

I'm voting for the "qAS,KJ4ERJ".
As long as its easy to find information on Internet on who is sending
out this info and that we all agree that it's ok to use the "callsign"
ISS, AO-51 etc
Then people writing about this service also should mention that the
origin is KJ4ERJ.

The WHOI-IS WHO-15 is not telling who runs the service and i know that
this is more like a "service" and not a callsign.

Same goes for EMAIL why do it differently on ISS, AO-51 etc?

Using the "qAS" everybody who wants to find out could press "PMON" on
the kenwoods or view the raw data on either aprs.fi or your favorite
APRS software.

> As we did it in APRSdata Lynn can even format packet so that the
> voice synthesizer in the Kenwoods will SPEAK the presence of the
> satellite and even its elevation AND its frequency!

It's already saying "I S S" speaking the content of the text is on the
TM-D710 is going to end up that people disables the voice module as
it's not able to convert "MHz" to "megahertz" as the TM-D700 could as
i'm told.

I have not yet found ANY regular HAM words that are spoken. So i guess
this function is removed.

So if the voice should be enabled then it should be triggered when you
send a message to i.e ISS. maybe using the "%" as this is how kenwood
triggers the module. Sending a message starting with "%" is "speaking"
all the letters in the message. prettu fun to send a message with
"%111111111111111" to someone ;-)

So maybe sending the a message to "ISS" with the text "%" then the
return message is:
"%AOS:2:27m+8:53m"
instead of
"AOS:2:27m+8:53m"