[aprssig] ISS Tracking & Pass Information

Patrick Strasser oe6pse at wirklich.priv.at
Fri Oct 14 09:01:27 EDT 2011

Am 2011-10-14 12:14, schrieb Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr):

> I will look at not requiring the dash in the satellite name.  That was
> in my plans, but I haven't gotten it implemented yet.

I' suggest to make it rather flexible: a dash should be ignored, so if
someone knows the exact name, it still matches. Would make it more
complicated to _require_ the absence of a dash.

For shortening names something like a lazy match would be nice: If the
sent prefix is enough to identify a single satellite, resolve the
request, otherwise answer with a message saying that the name ambiguous,
with possibly a list of matching satellite names. I would expect it to
work like tab completion in various Unix shells.

73 de Patrick
--
Engineers motto: cheap, good, fast:   choose any two
QTH: JN77rb                       http://sat.mur.at/